GENERAL INFORMATION: This Administrative Assistant position performs a full range of administrative functions necessary for efficient operation of the Natural Resources Department. This position is very detail-oriented and requires a high degree of accuracy. This position works closely with and is directly supervised by the Natural Resources Supervisor.
Core Job duties:
- Technical editor and publisher
- Contract development, accounting, reconciliation and compliance
- Prepare resolutions, professional service agreements, change orders and amendments for Commission approval
- Website archivist and publisher
- Coordinates the development and implementation of the Natural Resource annual budget
- Compiles and publishes the annual consultation records for a large number of scientific and compliance reports
- Quality control of documents on the DCPUD Extranet Site for numerous work groups and committees
- Electronic filing of documents with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Compile and publish the Weekly Departmental Schedule for the Methow, Carlton and Wells hatcheries and the NR Department staff in East Wenatchee
- Assist Wells Hatchery and Methow Hatchery supervisors with office supplies, mailing and procurement
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and restocking/ordering items
- Other duties will also be assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and proficiency
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in MS Word and MS Excel
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- SharePoint Administration Skills
- Good working knowledge of accounting principles
- Display a high degree of initiative and problem solving with limited direction
- Excellent attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and good time management skills
- Current Washington State Driver's License and proof of good driving record
Desired, but not required knowledge, skills and abilities: Familiarity with NISC applications, NR Intranet, DC Extranet
- Productivity: Must be able to demonstrate completion of assigned tasks through work product and documentation. This will include evidence that clearly shows work was completed on time and with above average quality.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual respect with all co-workers.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts when redirected and develops methods to achieve results while still remaining accountable to product deadlines.
- Professionalism: Interact daily with others in a professional manner. Treats others with respect while performing with integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Communication: Participate constructively in open communications within and between departments while helping to resolve issues and difficult situations in ways that reduce conflict and maintain good working relationships.
- Performance: Continually seek to improve work performance and take an active part in generating a mutually supportive environment.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of work and acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Safety: Demonstrates that safety is the top priority when performing any job duty or task and prioritizes personal safety and the safety of co-workers and the public.
Physical Requirements: Ability to complete standard business related tasks in an indoor office setting. This position will sit and/or stand during most of the day; requires the ability to stoop and bend for filing, and the ability to lift or carry up to 20 pounds.